must-have cooking tools for your kitchen
There are some cooking tools that I absolutely cannot live without. They’re pretty essential to my cooking. Want to know what they are so you can get your own? This is also a good guide for tools I mention that I use in my recipes. In case you’re not sure what they are, look no further than below!
small kitchen tools
- Mandoline – This is a great tool you can use to get ultra-thin slices of veggies or any other food. Think gratin, a veggie carpaccio, or beautiful thinly shaved Parm!
- Assorted Cookie Scoops – Not just for cookie dough! I use these for scooping meatballs or other savory items when you have a big batch of something and you want all pieces the same size.
- Microplane – This is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE! I use this constantly and is one of my favorite tools of all time. This is great for zesting citrus, for getting those gorgeous thin shavings of fresh parmesan, or for grating garlic and ginger too!
- Silpat – This is amazing for baking, nothing sticks! I use it for meringues, candied nuts, chocolate bark, etc.
- Kitchen Scale – Great for baking when you need exact measurements. This one is in grams and ounces!
- Meat Thermometer – When you need to make sure your meat is cooked perfectly.
- Spider – This is a tool I mostly use when frying and I need to fish out food from the oil.
- Wooden Salt Container – I always have it on my counter right next to my stove. Makes it so easy to take a pinch of Kosher salt!
- Wire Mesh Strainers – Great for when you want an extra smooth product. These are my favorite.
- Kitchen Tongs – I use tongs basically every time I stand at my stove. It’s great to have two different sizes, and I like the tongs with the rubber ends in case I am using a non-stick (no scratching)!
pots & pans & Bowls
- Mini Glass Pinch Prep Bowls – It’s so important to set up your mise en place before cooking, and these bowls help so much!
- 10-Piece Glass Prep Bowls – I love this set because glass is microwave and heat-safe.
- Cast Iron Skillet (Set of 2 with Lids) – I love my cast irons and I prefer to buy them with lids, just in case a recipe calls for one. It’s great to have them in 2 different sizes as well, in case you’re cooking for a crowd.
- Quarter-Size Sheet Pans – People usually have the regular sized sheet pans but not the smaller ones. I use the smaller ones a lot when just cooking for me and Robbie.
- 8 oz. Ramekins – Great for souffles, personal baked eggs, creme brulees, mousse, puddings, lots of different items.
- Springform Baking Pan – So important for baking.
- Grill Pan – Love having a grill pan. I can use it during the winter months indoors on the stove and still have those gorgeous grill marks!
- Vitamix A3500 – I use this almost every single day for smoothies, sauces, soups, dips, any type of puree. I don’t know what I would do without it!
- Mini (3.5 cup) Food Processor – Isn’t it so frustrating when you’re only making a small portion of a dressing or dip and your food processor is too big? This is the perfect solution and also an applicance I use quite often. I have it in Aqua Blue!
- Spice Grinder – I love buying some spices whole and then grinding them myelf. They stay fresher for longer if they are kept whole, before they are ground into a powder. A spice grinder isn’t super exiensive an it’s tiny – it won’t take up any room on yur counter and can be kept in a drawer.
- Air Fryer – I love using my air-fryer at home when I’m trying to be a big healthier. This one air-fries, air-roasts, bakes, reheats, and dehydrates.
- Immersion Blender – This is a really useful tool to have at home, and it comes with it’s own blending cup!